Online Dental Education Library
Our dental team strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing, and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental conditions and treatments available. If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us.
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").